Resources To Prepare For College

California Colleges

College Requirements:
Admission requirements and application procedures vary at the different colleges and universities in California. For detailed information visit the California Colleges webpage.

California Community Colleges

Admission is simple. You will be admitted to the community college of your choice if you meet at least one of the following conditions: You are 18 years of age or older, with or without a high school diploma. | You are a high school graduate. | You have the equivalent of a high school diploma.

California State University (CSU)

Applying to a college is a step-by-step process that you should start as early as possible. Learn more about the different applications, and what you should do before, during, and after you apply to college. Ready to apply to a California State University or California Community College? Save time by completing your application with your account. Then track your college applications in My College Plan.

University of California (UC)

Specific high school courses (referred to as the "a-g" courses)
Our doors are open. UC freshmen come from all over California and throughout the world, from every culture and ethnicity and from across the economic spectrum. Every year, they arrive on our campuses nearly 40,000 strong — ready for challenge and discovery.

California Independent Colleges

Each nonprofit, independent college and university is unique, admission requirements vary. Generally, admission requirements at nonprofit, independent colleges and universities fall into four categories: Schools with admission requirements similar to the University of California | Schools with admission requirements similar to the California State University system | Schools that accept only the top students in the world | Schools with very specific requirements, in addition to a well-rounded curriculum, related to their specialty

Financial Aid

Get help paying for college. There are many financial aid opportunities available. It is never too early to start looking.

California Dream Act

Allows undocumented and nonresident documented students to apply for and receive private scholarships funded through public universities, state-administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers, and Cal Grants.


Visit college webpages. They also contain financial aid and scholarship information. Don’t forget to visit you school’s Career Center for additional financial aid information and scholarship opportunities.